Terms and Conditions
Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation.
- We supply any additional services.
- There are delays outside our reasonable control.
- Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require.
- In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
“Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our confirmation that we can move your goods on the requested date.”
2. Work excluded from our quotations
Unless previously agreed we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture, fitments or fittings.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
3. Excluded property
The following items are specifically excluded from the Contract and will not be removed :
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
4. Customer’s responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:
- Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from these matters.
5. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property or
- You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed or stored.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
6. Payment of removal charges
Unless you have our agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges on the day of your removal. Interest at 2% per month calculated on a daily basis, is charged on all overdue accounts.
7. Our liability for loss or damage
- In the event of our losing or damaging your goods we will pay for the reasonable costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the item if we have been negligent.
- In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your goods, we will not be liable for the following:
- “new for old” replacement value for lost or damaged goods.
- any loss or damage which is not caused by us.
- any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item.
If you require insurance cover for any of the matters set out above you will need to arrange that independently.
8. Damage to premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises must be noted immediately and brought to an employee’s attention.
9. Sub-contracting the work
We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you.
If we do sub-contract these terms and conditions will still apply in full.
10. Whole agreement
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.